Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Baby Shower for Kristin

I am so excited that my close friend Kristin is having a baby! She's due with a girl just 2 weeks after me- the first of my close friends to have babies! YAY!! I threw her a shower at her mom's house in Poulsbo this weekend. Thanks to Kristin's mom, Karol, mother-in-law Faith and my mom, Melanie for all helping out. Where would we be without our moms?

I've been really inspired by some gorgeous design blogs lately and found some amazing ideas.

Best were these adorable cookies I found on flickr. The idea was cupcakes, but my mom and I did cookies. Thanks mom for baking the cookies! They were DELICIOUS!!



These pictures aren't great, but I set up an "activity" table that included writing messages on diapers, writing advice to the new parents and cutting off a piece of ribbon to guess the size of Kristin's belly.



Not a good pic at all, but chances are I won't get to taking another of the invitation. I designed it based on some bedding Kristin liked from Dwell. I created the images in paintshop and then printed on a color printer. I think they turned out pretty good!


Here's the food table, with flowers by my mom on the table and inspired by Martha Stewart hanging down.

It was a lot of fun to put on! I love throwing parties!

Here are Kristin and I (why is my belly so much bigger!!!! Too many cookies!!)

I can't wait to meet your baby girl, Kristin!! Congratulations!

No comments: