Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Henry Cash is here!

Henry Cash was born in the wee hours of the morning Saturday, March 15.



1:50 a.m.

7 lb 14 oz

20 inches




Birth story below pics (might be a bit graphic!).





I started having contractions in the afternoon Friday. By the evening, they were starting to get more regular. At about 10:30, they were 10 minutes apart. An hour later, we left for the hospital. By the time we got there, 12:00, contractions were 2-3 minutes apart and increasing in intensity. They called the midwife and evaluated me to see if I was really in labor. I was 0 cm dilated. 30 minutes later I was 8 and labor was very intense. The midwife had just gotten there and I was ready for my epidural, but it was too late!! By the time they would've placed the epi, Henry would already be there. The rest of labor went very quickly, my water broke violently and poor Henry got a little bruised! A few more contractions and he was here! 1:50 p.m. I was standing up when he delivered (in so much pain that I couldn't make it to the bed!).

They let me hold him for two hours before taking him to weigh and bathe. It was a nice bonding time!

We stayed only 1/2 a day at the hospital, leaving in the late afternoon.

Henry is now 3 days old, a champion nurser and a very mellow baby. Much different than Atticus!

We love him and can't imagine our family without him!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's so adorable. Hard to believe atticus was ever that little.

Anonymous said...

I finally figured out how to leave a message, and now I figured out how to leave my name. I wrote the below comment. Just so you don't think someone "anonymous" leaves comments about your family. That would be weird.

MSB said...

Congratulations! I have been checking your blog regularly because I knew this was coming soon!
He is so cute!

Lesley said...

Congrats! I too have been checking your blog to see if he had arrived yet! He's a doll!

libbie said...

Yeah! Congrats! Standing up? How does that happen! And no epi! good job! Thats something to be very proud of! I love the name too!